June 11, 2017 at 6:54 pm #20513
Teach Me Korean is an ever-growing friendly community and we feel it’s important that our students can get to know the other members they’re learning alongside!
To do this, why not give the following questions an answer and earn yourself an easy 15 points too?!
1. What’s your name (or nickname)?
2. Where are you from?
3. What’s your occupation?
4. What’s your favourite song?
5. What’s your favourite movie?
6. Can you speak any other languages?
7. How long have you been learning Korean?
8. What Korean word have you found the hardest to pronounce?
9. What’s your favourite Korean word?
10. Tell us a random fact about yourselfJune 15, 2017 at 7:05 pm #20531
I’ll be the first to give this a go!
1. My name is Mari
2. I’ve lived in California and Melbourne, but I’m originally from The Philippines and currently live in Manila
3. I’m a student and work in a coffee shop too
4. My favourite song… ah I love so many songs! I have to say it’s One Last Time by Ariana Grande
5. I love movies too! I think my number one favourite is Guardians of the Galaxy
6. I can also speak Spanish and Tagalog
7. I’ve been learning Korean for two years, but I’ve only just really discovered so this site and I can’t wait to get learning with you 🙂
8. Hmm, I find it hard to say “쉽다” (To be easy) – 쉬워요, 쉬운, it just won’t roll off my tongue
9. My favourite Korean word is “기다리다” (To wait) – It’s so fun to say!
10. I once did stand up comedy in London!July 5, 2017 at 12:24 pm #20967
Selen GelişliParticipantPoints: 160
1. I am Selen.
2. I am from Turkey.
3. I’ve just graduated from high school and a few months later I will study in university.
4. My favorite song is Let Me Know by BTS.
5. My favourite movies are Harry Potter films.
6. I can speak English and soon Korean I hope and of course my native language Turkish.
7. I’ve been interested in Korean for long time yet my officially start to Korean is only a few days ago.
8. There is no word like this.
9. My favourite Korean word is ‘오모’.
10. I am a big BTS fan.July 7, 2017 at 4:51 pm #20972
Areum LeahParticipantPoints: 161
1. My full name is Areum Leah + Family name. Although Areum is my first name (my parents named me so because I was born in Korea) everyone calls me Leah. Areum is too difficult for the people here and only my closest friends call me like that.
2. I made living in Germany, my whole family is German, but I was born in Korea
3. I just finished school with the highest level one can get here in Germany. No I am waiting for university to begin, I will study physics
4. Oh that is such a hard question. I don’t have a favorite song. I like so many songs from so many artists and so many genres. But since this about learning korean I can name 주소서, also known as pray by bap
5. Definitely pacific rim, don’t ask me why. Normally I am more into girly love stories
6. I can speak German and English but I always have big trouble learning a language :((
7. I am learning for 3 months now so I am at the very beginning. I am searching for different ways to learn because even if I can write a sentence if a Korean would say it, I wouldn’t understand
8. Oh. I didn’t had alot of trouble with Korean until now. I am still reading like a child in elementary school and sometimes I forgot not to say the consonants at the end of a word too loud. Like 밥 먹었어 I always say like bab meogeosseo although it sounds more like bameogeosseo
9. It definitely is 몰라 (I have no idea) because it saves me in almost every situation haha
10. I did 태권도 (Taekwondo?) for a few years but every time something suddenly moves (not only when fighting but in general, playing with a ball or even someone waving) I immediately close my eyes, which is not that good or I quitSeptember 10, 2017 at 2:16 pm #21172
1. my name is Amalia, but my friends call me Ama or Amy
2. I’m from Italy
3. I finished my first year of Art High School
4. I don’t really have a favourite song, but in this period I’m in love with Serendipity by BTS’ Jimin
5. like music I don’t have a favourite film;; but I really like XMen and Harry Potter films
6. I can speak Italian, English and a little bit of German
7. I’ve been studying Korean for about 5 months
8. 읽다 is giving me more trouble than I expected
9. my favourite korean word is 빨리;; I don’t know why but I use it a lot, i like its sound, I really like 꽃 too
10. I am really into kpop~
- This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by amalia.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.